· Install and maintain perimeter protection.
· Use ladders and scaffolds safely.
· Never position yourself between moving and fixed objects.
· Wear high-visibility clothes near equipment and vehicles so that others can see you clearly.
· Never enter an unprotected trench or excavation that is five feet or deeper without an adequate protective system in place (NOTE: some trenches that are less than five feet may need a similar system as well).
· Make sure that a trench or excavation is protected either by sloping, shoring, benching or a trench shield systems.
· Locate and identify utilities before starting work for the day.
· Look for overhead power lines when operating any equipment.
· Maintain a safe distance away from power lines and learn your area’s distance requirements.
· Do not operate portable electric tools unless they are grounded or double-insulated.
· Use ground-fault circuit interrupters for protection.
If you have any questions concerning work place safety and how you can improve your employees safety, please contact the LL Roberts Group PEO Risk Management department (toll free) at 877.878.6463. You can even talk to us on Facebook!